Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Next Day

Well, I set up the blog and Twitter account and linked them to my LinkedIn account. Then, in true low-tech fashion, emailed the link to a few people in my address book. Then I sat there staring at my computer screen wondering, "Now what?" (I have no idea).

I guess I could start my research for a way to incorporate social media into training programs. I read some sites and reviewed some PPTs that listed pages of types of social media and all manner of new buzz words (new to me I guess), but I did not find anything about how to actually use this in a meaningful way. I am sure it is out there, but I haven't found anything so far.

Recap: I now have a blog, a Twitter account and a LinkedIn account. Instead of feeling more connected, I feel a bit annoyed that I now seem to need to have 3 browser windows open to access information in three different places. I must be missing something...

Questions in no particular order:
- What types of terms should I be "tagging" in my blog posts?
- How is # used in "Twitter tweets"?
- What is this "mashup" I heard about on Thursday night?
- I wondering if anyone is "listening" and if they will answer my call...

No comments:

Post a Comment